Choosing the best garage flooring option
What a winter! Ready for spring? We sure are. Get your garage in top shape for the spring with these tips below. It doesn’t take a lot of time to spruce up your garage, which is one of your home’s most versatile and used spaces.
Here are some tips for garage spring cleaning from the team at All Island Garage Door. With just a few hours of elbow grease, you can sit back, relax, and be ready for the warmer months ahead.
- Clean the garage good. That means throwing away trash and the old items in the garage that you’ll never use. Consider taking some of those things – like bikes you’re not going to ride and old tools – and donating them to charity. Or, hold a garage sale or sell the stuff online.
- Don’t forget about the floors. You’ll need a broom, hose, a sponge and the soap you use to wash your car. If you’re floor is concrete, look for a concrete floor cleaner, and maybe an oil stain remover, too. Of course, if your garage door floor has lots of oil, we recommend a mechanic, too!
- Clean the garage door. You can do this with a dry rag or sponge. Be very careful to only clean the doors themselves. Don’t try to clean the garage door springs, cables or rollers. Leave that to us.
- Invest in some shelves or plywood and peg board. Your garage is an excellent place to store tools, gardening supplies and exercise equipment. Peg board is inexpensive and can be mounted to a wall easily. It’s also surprisingly strong, so it can hold heavy tools. Consider keeping a recycling bin in the garage, too, so you can keep your car cleaner.
- Make it pretty. You visit your garage every day, and sometimes several times a day, so make it someplace you like to see. Hang a framed poster of your favorite vacation destination or your dream car or paint the walls a color you like.
Need more ideas or a new garage door? The team at All Island Garage Door can help. Give us a call today!